Our Place have health benefits with your name on them!
Did you know everyone over 60 is entitled to free prescriptions and eye tests.
You may also be eligible for help towards dental treatment‚ glasses and travel costs to hospital.
Before paying for treatment, ask your dentist, optician or hospital staff for advice. Depending on your circumstances, you could get:
- a free NHS eye test
- a voucher towards the cost of glasses or contact lenses
- help with travel costs to receive NHS treatment
- free NHS wigs and fabric supports
You will qualify if you and/or your partner receive:
- The Guarantee Credit part of Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit (in some circumstances)
If you don’t receive any of these benefits but have a low income, you may still get some help with health costs through the NHS Low Income Scheme. Call Help with Health Costs on 0845 850 1166 or visit www.nhs.uk/healthcosts to find out more and request a form. Or pick one up for a dentist, optician or hospital.
Wondering how to claim it? For help with NHS costs, just show your benefit award letter or HC2 or HC3 certificate as proof.